[Kde-games-devel] KPatience project name, but kpat repository folder

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Sep 11 10:00:16 UTC 2012

> There's no guessing involved, is there?
>
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegames/kpat/repository
>
> Tells you exactly how to check out

That is what I was referring to by more work than it could be needed.

> > The problem is that, I will not know "kpat" from "KPatience" without
> > further investigation. If it is kpatience, I do not need to investigate.
> Is
> > there any benefit of not being able to clone "kde:kpatience"? Avoiding
> > temporary break for the localization, or for something else?
>
> I can change the name of the project to kpat, it's just that i don't
> understand why i need to do so, we have lots of projects where the name
> does
> not match the repo name, want more examples?

I just went through the KDE Games and Edu stack. This is the only exception
in those two stacks. So if such a renaming does not break anything, I would
ask for the renaming. If I see "KPatience" (or KPat) somewhere (k-c-d,
blog, and so forth), I can just go ahead in console and run "git clone
kde:kpatience" or "git clone kde:kpat".

The less term usages the better. I have just had a debugging session due to
this while packaging since I had to do things differently for this one
specifically.

Laszlo