[Kde-games-devel] Push kbreakout's QML port to a branch in git repo

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 06:46:58 UTC 2012

In a word, rebase.
This takes all your commits and pretends that you started doing them
on a different head, in this case "D" by replaying all your actions.

You want to do the following (just tested locally)

git clone kde:kbreakout
cd kbreakout
git remote add viranch kde:scratch/viranch/kbreakout-qml
git fetch viranch
git checkout viranch/master
git rebase -i master

This will then open an editor showing all your commits you've made since A.
Remove the line "pick Import KBreakout from SVN r1294380"

By removing this line it won't try re-adding this commit.

Save & exit

You will then see
"Successfully rebased and updated detached HEAD."

turn this modified branch into a new branch

git checkout -b viranch-qml (or whatever)

git push origin viranch-qml

to push your branch to the main kbreakout repository

David

(if you have questions, ping me on GTalk)