[Kde-games-devel] Push kbreakout's QML port to a branch in git repo

Viranch Mehta viranch.mehta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 06:29:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've been thinking of putting the QML port of KBreakout to a branch in the git repo on projects.kde.org. But I'm not sure how I'd go about doing this.

Right now the port is in a scratch git repo. The initial commit to this repo is some not-so-old commit from the current repo. For clarity, lets say I started off porting at commit A in the original repo, and now the original repo has reached some commit D. The scratch repo has the code that was at commit A as initial commit (i had checked out from svn and done git init there). What I'm thinking of doing is:

- clone the kbreakout git repo with head at commit D
- checkout commit A
- create a branch and push it
- push the commits of scratch repo to this branch in original repo

the problem here is: the first commit in scratch repo would be kind of an ugly conflict because that commit essentially adds all the files to the repo. i'm not sure if this is the right way.

is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Viranch