[Kde-games-devel] Two kinds of tagsbranches.

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Wed Mar 21 16:09:33 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, 21. März 2012, 16:45:56 schrieb Frederik Schwarzer:

> If both exist for any version, the latter were created for/by the
> CVS2SVN conversion.

those commits created by the cvs2svn conversion hold no changes.

If you use the latest svn2git (not the old one on Dewey), it
already removes such commits and lets the tags point to
the parent commit instead. This works if they are newer than
KDE 3/4 or so.

For older tags or for an older svn2git (like on dewey),
kde-ruleset/bin/fix-tags does the same.

So some postprocessing is needed. That is why I always
wrote scripts project-postprocessing.sh called by
project-convert.sh, so the whole conversion including
postprocessing is reproducible by others. And I
concentrated on games with an old history where this matters.

The only cvs2svn commits I did not try to get rid of are
those mirroring server side copies - I changed the committer
from nobody at localhost to cvs2svn at kde.org and got audit
exceptions for those scratch repositories.

--
Wolfgang