[Kde-games-devel] Rule writing, common data

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:28:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 18:18, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 11. März 2012, 18:41:50 schrieb Nicolas Alvarez:
>> Current repository sizes (after git gc):
>>
>> 6.0M    kajongg
>
> I added 2.5 MB of ogg files two days ago... in theory most of them
> could be used by kmahjongg and kshisen (letting you hear the names
> of tiles you click like "green dragon). For kajongg this really makes for
> a much nicer playing experience because you can concentrate on your
> hand without having to watch what other players do, for solitaire
> games I don't know.
>
>> If data is duplicated in multiple games' directories, especially if it's
>> large data, I certainly agree with extracting it out into a common dir,
>> and with doing that before the git move.
>
> I see only libkmahjongg which already has a common
> place. What other data do you have in mind?

I'm guessing libkdegames/carddecks.

Ideally, libkcardgame would be ready to roll as a public library in
its own repo, and the card decks could move there, but it's not. Maybe
we could split the decks off into a libkcards pseudo-library,
currently containing only data files. When libkcardgame becomes
release-worthy, it could move there. Just a thought.

libkdegames/carddecks is definitely going to have the largest (total
bits-wise) history in our entire module, so special handling would
make sense.

Parker