[Kde-games-devel] [GSoC 2012] KDE game using QML ("Qt Quick")

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 11 21:45:12 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Supreet Pal Singh
<supreetpal at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, is it alright if I don't setup/learn how to use svn? I do not have any
> experience with it currently.

No problem. If you really have to use SVN during GSoC, you can use
git-svn which fetches SVN commits into a Git repository and pushes Git
commits back into SVN. For now, you can use the following to get the
code:

    svn checkout svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdegames

svn-checkout is comparable to git-clone. "git pull" becomes "svn
update", and that's about all you need to know if you're not intending
to commit anything. If you'd like to setup git-svn, please write back,
there are some caveats on a repository as large as svn.kde.org.

Greetings
Stefan