[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 02:50:31 UTC 2012

Hi Christian,

On 11/03/2012, at 9:21 AM, Christian Krippendorf wrote:
> 1. What about KMahjongg and the use of KGameCanvas?
>
> As KGameCanvas will be private how should i handle it? Implement it in my source tree? Or port the game to QGraphicsView? Just tell what, i will do so.

I suggest, if you have the time and the wish to do it, that KMahjongg
could be ported to QGraphicsView.  AFAICS and IIRC the animation
in KMahjongg is not particularly fast, except perhaps for the fast replay
that occurs after you solve the puzzle.

That still leaves the question of what a game maintainer should do
if he needs to go on using KGameCanvas.

All the best, Ian W.