[Kde-games-devel] Rule Writing

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Sat Mar 10 18:35:56 UTC 2012

Am Samstag, 10. März 2012, 12:16:44 schrieb Parker Coates:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 12:10, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 10. März 2012, 18:07:31 schrieb Wolfgang Rohdewald:
> >>
> >> the whole thing looks a bit like voodoo - but I would like to try
> >> that version. Where exactly can I find /home/git/nalvarez?
> >
> > On dewey.
> > http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/DeveloperAccessForRuleWriting
>
> Sorry, Wolfgang. I had assumed that you were writing your rules on
> dewey. If you are running an up-to-date svn-all-fast-export on your
> own machine, this shouldn't be needed.

What should I have read to find out about dewey?
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MoveToGit/UsingSvn2Git
does not mention dewey.

it only took me 12 hours to download the svn repo.

but running one import takes 3 hours. ext4 with relatime on
an ssd. How fast is dewey?

downloading the svn repo was actually faster than copying it
from a real hard disk to ssd. The culprit seems to be ext4,
having to handle those 1300000 files per directory. There once
was svn with an sqlite backend but that seems to have been
discontinued. I think that could speed up svn2git quite a bit.

--
Wolfgang