[Kde-games-devel] Junior job not only for GSoCers: Low-latency sound playback with KgSound

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Thu Mar 8 21:23:42 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, 8. März 2012, 21:54:19 schrieb Stefan Majewsky:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Wolfgang Rohdewald
>
> <wolfgang at rohdewald.de> wrote:
> > of course python bindings for KgSound could be done but that would
> > be the first part for kajongg not being written in python and I would
> > probably have to write and maintain them myself.
>
> Replace the first sentence by "of course python bindings for
> libkdegames could be done". Perhaps I should push for libkdegames
> being considered a part of KDE DP (aka post-kdelibs aka "Frameworks")
> in KDE 5 releases. Then we could be a target of the normal bindings
> teams, although the stability promise would be more rigorous.

well - _if_ and _when_ such bindings are available and maintained,
I would use KgSound. But as kajongg would probably be the only
user of its python bindings, the binding teams might not be very
motivated. For now subprocesses with ogg123 are absolutely
sufficient, and I prefer simple and few dependencies.

--
Wolfgang