[Kde-games-devel] GSoC Applicant Asking For Help

Roney Gomes roney477 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:24:54 UTC 2012

> Heh! I appreciate your irreverence, but please do not ever call anybody a
> name like that on an email list.  "Netiquette" is important.

Oh, forgive my improper "irreverence". Things like that happens
because it's hard to feel the weight some words have in a language
you're not used to. I'm sorry.

> I see that is up near the Equator.  Rather a long way from Sao Paulo where
> our former colleague is!   Brazil is a very large country, even bigger than
> Australia I believe.

Yes, it's really a big country. Can you, please, tell me who is your
Brazilian colleague?

> I think the general idea, if you have time after all that reading, is to show your
> ability and gain our respect by submitting a patch to fix a bug in some game
> or add a small feature.  If you have not been following the KDE Games list, see:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&r=1&b=201202&w=2 and the thread
> http://lists.kde.org/?t=133027501800001&r=1&w=2
> for the kind of thing I mean.
>
> The above is a lot to assimilate in a short time, but please have a go!
> I like your style, so let's see what you can do ...

Thanks for your support, really. It's kinda hard to face big projects
such as KDE for the first time, and it gets worse when you're a
student without previous professional or practical experience. But I'm
a patient guy, and will try until succeed.

I'll browse the bug tracker and look for some open task. Thank you.