[Kde-games-devel] KNavalBattle Porting - Current Status

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 23:56:02 UTC 2012

Hi Roney,

As your mentor, I am replying privately to your other points.

On 20/06/2012, at 11:27 PM, Roney Gomes wrote:
> Some classes like Sprite and KBSRenderer have no use now;
> KGameRenderedItem and KGameRenderer does everything we need. Although
> is pretty much simple to work with KGameRenderer, I got a bit stuck at
> the beginning because the documentation doesn't expose very clearly
> that a .desktop file is necessary in order to load a theme. I'll try
> to improve the documentation in the future, when I'm not that busy.

See the file kdegames/kgoldrunner/themes/README for a detailed
explanation of themes, .desktop files and SVG conventions, as they apply
to KGoldrunner.  Some other games have similar README files, but
unfortunately KNavalBattle does not.

As a general concern, where in the KDE Games library documentation
should more general info about these conventions be exposed?  Ideas?

Cheers, Ian W.