[Kde-games-devel] Questions about including a new game

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Tue Feb 21 20:16:51 UTC 2012

Am Dienstag, 21. Februar 2012, 19:16:12 schrieb Jakob Gruber:
> I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if you 'like the look of my
> game'

I can imagine spending some time playing with this game but I do not
really like the colors.

What I would like:
- fully keyboard enabled (the menus cannot be reached with keyboard)
- KDE online help
- the usual menu entries like changing language or background
- on first installation, hint mode should be active (I would call that
checkbox "Hints Mode", IMHO a checked box should activate things)
- change hints mode while playing
- a checking command which tells you if what you did so far contains
any faults (should not actually show single faults IMHO)
- the possibility to cross out a field which the player thinks should
stay empty - or do game rules not allow that?
- maybe a demo mode like in the picture at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picross

you have your own class for high scores - did you look at the two
implementations in libkdegames?

did you consider trying to use some ksudoku classes for the
game layout? There seem to be similarities

otherwise I did not look at the source code.

--
Wolfgang