[Kde-games-devel] Questions about including a new game

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Feb 21 15:36:19 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 01:20 PM, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 3:30 AM, Ian Wadham<iandw.au at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> That said, if we like the look of your game and your code and it meets some
>> standard KDE requirements, there is a process for introducing it into KDE,
>> starting at a place in the repository called "playground", where it can be
>> developed but not released and other people can try it out.  When ready,
>> it can move to another place called "review" and finally into KDE Games
>> "trunk", from which it can be released next time there is a KDE release.
> That was the SVN workflow. I suggest you start in Git directly, as
> kdegames is heading towards git, too.
>
> The first step would be to create a personal scratch repository where
> you import your code. Please refer to
> http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual for details. You can
> then poke the sysadmins to elevate your repository from "personal" to
> "playground".
>
> If you do not have a KDE developer account yet, you need to get one
> (it's easy!) or you can use another Git hosting service, such as
> GitHub. If you apply for a KDE developer account and need to name a
> supporter, feel free to put my name.

Using GitHub means you will not have other KDE developers involved in
your project and is not the way to go if you want to be part of the KDE
community. Being hosted in the KDE git infrastructure playground means
any other KDE developer can give you a hand on any problem you have and
is the preferred way to go.

Anne-Marie