[Kde-games-devel] KBreakout's QML port

Viranch Mehta viranch.mehta at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 06:49:04 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Viranch,
>
> I hope your new job and move after GSoC are working out well.

yeah, I try to find time for KDE on weekends :)

> On 23/12/2012, at 1:03 AM, Viranch Mehta wrote:
>
> > FYI - just merged the port to master a few minutes ago.
> >
> Can you guarantee that there has been no loss of gameplay,
> features, menu options, graphics, brick types, gifts, etc. between
> old QGV and new QML KBreakout?

Yes, they're all there- all the themes, the brick/gift types as defined
in the level XMLs, the main window is the same (so are the menus,
toolbars, etc.)

> Also what problems might there be in porting to other platforms?

QML is pretty platform agnostic, so there should be no changes
required in the QML part as far as I can tell, there may be changes
required in the C++ part (the KXmlGuiWindow, etc.).

> I seem to remember trying the scratchpad version of your QML
> KBreakout on Apple Macbook a while back, but I am no great
> expert on KBreakout, so would not have tested it very thoroughly.

well, who is? ;)

Viranch