[Kde-games-devel] Problems with standalone KDE Game build

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 21:45:38 UTC 2012

On 27/08/2012, at 2:40 AM, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 26. August 2012, 18:38:11 schrieb Ian Wadham:
>> No.  KPat and KReversi fail in exactly the same way - picking up old
>> incompatible includes of KDE Games libs (KGameRenderer specifically)
>
> the old central CMakeLists.txt said
>
> find_package(KDE4 4.3.80 REQUIRED)
>
> where 4.3.80 is the minimum required version.
>
> following that syntax, could you try to change kbreakout/CMakeLists.txt
> such that it says
>
>        find_package(KDEGames 4.9.0 REQUIRED)
>
> instead of
>
>        find_package(KDEGames REQUIRED)
>
> I do not expect this to fix the install path, but maybe compilation.

Yes! That fixed the standalone compilation, but not the install.

As of 4.9, the KGameRenderer constructor definition is:
    explicit KGameRenderer(KgThemeProvider* prov, unsigned cacheSize = 0);
In 4.8 it was:
    explicit KGameRenderer(const QString& defaultTheme, unsigned cacheSize = 0);
Also there are some new "Kg" classes in 4.9, such as, but not limited to, KgTheme.

> Albert, do you think that such a change is needed for all games
> converted to the new KGameRenderer?

I'm not Albert, but I would say "yes".  libkdegames for KDE 4.9 is incompatible
with previous versions.  All games should have the option to use the
newer classes in the future and without crashing their standalone builds.

In the kind of development and test environment I have, the install is not
required very often, but I would still like it to work.  IIUC the standalone
build will be the only build after we move to git, unless someone provides
a "superbuild" … :-)

Installation is needed to test new or edited ui.rc files, game-data files and themes.
KStandardDirs, etc. look for them down there.

Cheers, Ian W.