[Kde-games-devel] kdegames / git

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Aug 18 11:08:06 UTC 2012

El Divendres, 17 d'agost de 2012, a les 19:43:32, Wolfgang Rohdewald va
escriure:
> Am Freitag, 17. August 2012, 18:57:02 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > El Dijous, 16 d'agost de 2012, a les 12:39:07, Wolfgang Rohdewald va
escriure:
> > > This shows two root commits for knavalbattle. Sources have been
> > > imported twice, the second one being a rewrite and merged
> > > with the first one. So IMHO this is correct. Or should the second
> > > root commit have the chronologically previous commit as parent?
> > > This really is a massive rewrite.
> >
> > I'd prefer if the history was lineal like the one shown in
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdegames/kbattleship/?view=log instead of
> > having two roots.
>
> your svn log only shows what happened in trunk, but not what happened
> in /branches/work/kbattleship4/kdegames/kbattleship, so
> r646119 up to r646495 are not there.

Well, the master branch should should what happened in trunk, no?

> But the git repository shows them. If r646119 should not be a root
> commit, we must define a parent commit. Whichever I choose, the
> diff to r646119 will be huge - about every file has been renamed
> and / or rewritten.
>
> If we define a parent commit, it should probably be r643606.
>
> At closer look, I think the link from  r643606 to r646459 should be
> removed too. It only merges one subdirectory.
>
> I prepared an alternative with those two changes. History now
> is linear.
>
> http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=scratch%2Fwrohdewald%2Fknavalbattle2.git
> (anongit may take 30 minutes to update)
>
> is that better?

master looks nicer to me.

One question though, i expected that there would be a branch representing the
/branches/work/kbattleship4/kdegames/kbattleship that then got merged to
trunk? But can't find it.

kde-scm-interest: What is the policy regarding those "work" branches regarding
the migration to git?

Cheers,
  Albert