[Kde-games-devel] kdegames / git

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Thu Aug 16 10:39:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

we have migration rules and want to migrate right after 4.9.1.

please can anybody help us verifying the rules and repos are fine?

This table
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Games/Git_Conversion_Progress#The_Table.2C_Fall_2012
gives you the links to the converted repositories (column "Repo").
The ksirk repository is the only one not yet there, I will push it later
today.

A few remarks:

I tried to use kde-ruleset/recompress-svgz-and-png.sh but
it actually increases repository size. If anybody finds out how to
use it successfully, I would gladly do that.
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&m=134503967120474&w=2

I used the script kde-ruleset/kdegames/compare which
compares the checkout for master and all branches 1.0 .. 4.9,
it finds no unexpected differences between svn and git. Only
files with crlf in svn and lf in git, and very recent svn commit.

The above page says how to test for more than one head:
(head obviously meaning the root commit)
git log --format='%h %p' --all | grep '^[0-9a-f]\+ *$'

This shows two root commits for knavalbattle. Sources have been
imported twice, the second one being a rewrite and merged
with the first one. So IMHO this is correct. Or should the second
root commit have the chronologically previous commit as parent?
This really is a massive rewrite.

palapeli has the same: The second root commit says
	imported palapeli-goldberg-slicer into playground/games
which was later merged in several steps and then deleted.
This is a new directory so parenting may make more sense -
but I am unsure.

Moving between playground/kdereview/trunk, src and doc
are not always in sync. In ksnakeduel, this means that r822136
	Placing KTron back from unmaintained
effectively removes the doc directory in git. It only reappears when
the next commits to it have been done and it is only complete
again at r924952. Is this something that should be acted upon?
History is complete anyway.
I could fill the commits in between with the missing files, using
filter-branch, if you want me to.

--
Wolfgang