[Kde-games-devel] svgz in git

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Mon Aug 13 23:23:06 UTC 2012

Am Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 00:23:20 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > i5:~/src/games2git/done/processed$ du -s * | sort -nr
>
> Can you throw an h there for the humans amongst us?

current checkout of libkdegames has an estimated 8 MB
of svgz files (and some svg I ignored)

removing all svgz from the repository (history remains intact)
reduces libkdegames from 162M to 117M.

I personally rather doubt if it is worth to optimize this.

BTW it is quite easy to configure git such that git diff
uncompresses svgz before comparing

(those are the sizes of the bare repos, without checkout)
du -h -s * | sort -nr
162M    libkdegames
156M    palapeli
94M     kpat