[Kde-games-devel] ksokoban

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 04:20:46 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012, at 3:00 AM, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 5. August 2012, 16:34:01 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>> Have you look at his sourceforge repo (i have not)
>
> no, I implicitly assumed the old history has not been
> migrated. Now I looked it up.
>
> The history starts with one big commit
>
> First version of KSokoban game for KDE4
>
> from 22-07-2012. The commit does not say where this
> code came from, and it suggests that some changes
> have been done since copying from wherever, but
> it does not say anything about these changes AFAICS
>
> The latest commit says
>
> The final version of ksokoban for KDE4
>
> No commit message really says anything about what
> that commit changes. I can see no value in this
> repository.

Maybe I did not make this clear in repository terms in my earlier
emails, but what Łukasz and Shlomi have is some kind of snapshot,
of unknown date and revision number.  It contains some code-files
that are generated at build time (i.e. not released source code), but
omits the code that generates them, which should be releasable (at
least until someone can remove that London-Moscow-Paris thing).

I anticipate that the CMakeLists.txt files from the KSokoban SVN
repository could be closer to requirements for release and distribution
than Łukasz's, but obviously Łukasz's versions of *.h and *.cpp files
will be better because they have been fully ported to KDE 4 and Qt 4.

All the best, Ian W.