[Kde-games-devel] git

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Wed Aug 1 12:30:16 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, 1. August 2012, 12:58:36 schrieben Sie:
> I resumed working on the migration to git.
>
> First, I want to reduce duplicate code. So I defined common-rule
> files for kdegames which now let me reduce to e.g. kdiamond-rules
> to just
>
> # first revision 772506
> declare REPO=kdiamond
> include common-kdegames-init-rules
> match /branches/work/kdiamond-4.2/
>     repository kdiamond
>     branch refs/workbranch/kdiamond-4.2
> end match
> include common-kdegames-end-rules
>

> where the first revision is used by a script for the optimal call
> of svn2git
>
> This should be doable for all games. The longest file now is
> palapeli-rules with 35 lines including 10 lines of comment
>
> I want to do a bit more testing before I start committing those
> changes.
>
> Frederik added renaming the module into the rules file,
> e.g. kbattleship becomes knavalbattle, ktron becomes ksnakeduel
>
> I want to separate that - make the git repo name always equivalent
> to current svn directory name. I prefer simpler rules, and it is
> just too easy to do
>
> mv ktron ksnakeduel
>
> after conversion and before uploading to git server.
>

> Any comments?

Haven't the rules files been close to "done" and the major thing left
was the post-processing scripts?

If so, why change the rules files? Those are one-shot scripts and
while I agree that having it somewhat clean and well-documented (for
others to understand), I do not think, everything has to be all
beautiful design-wise.

Or am I wrong and the rules are not ready to be used that way?

Well, in general, if you want to make it more clear, I am fine with
it. Meaning, I am not objecting. I only doubt a bit if it makes much
sense.

Oh, and thanks for picking up the pieces again. :)

Regards