[Kde-games-devel] What are the deliverables for KDE Games GSoC?

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:14:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am also concerned about what will happen to our emphasis, since KDE 4,
> on resizeability, graphics themes, SVG graphics and cacheing.  Will all that
> go away?  Or will we be able to incorporate it in QML apps somehow?
>
> Mobile apps seem to have fixed screen formats and full-screen working
> only, but those things could change in time.  It seems like only yesterday
> that KDE Games were all oriented towards 640x480 screens … :-)

Resizability is doable. Have a look at anchor layouts, for example.
And as I said, I already had a prototype for a board component with a
flexible render size and a fixed logical size.

> Could not find libkdeclarative WebSVN equivalent, *code* or *API* anywhere,
> not in Google, not in api.kde.org and not by half an hour or so of chasing links
> in community.kde.org and projects.kde.org … but I found plenty of culde sacs … :-)
> Where *does* KDE hide the crown jewels these days?

You might be luckier in Techbase. That's the wiki for technical
documentation. QML docs are not on api.kde.org because Doxygen does
not support QML as of now.

Greetings
Stefan