[Kde-games-devel] GIT Conversion status

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 07:44:37 UTC 2012

On 30/04/2012, at 1:56 PM, Viranch Mehta wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Stefan.  Can you set the scratch repos up as you proposed earlier in the
>    thread?  I think Viranch is raring to go.  He does not have much time.
>
> Well I can setup the scratch repo under my account, if that's okay. I'll simply
> upload the latest code from svn in the first commit, and make changes there
> on.

I think Stefan was proposing more than that.  Here is what he said earlier
in the thread:

       "1. We import the source tree of KBreakout and KDiamond into two
        scratch repos, without any history. The initial commit will also patch
        the build system as required.
        2. The students then push their work to these repos.
        3. When kdegames is converted to Git, the students can easily move to
        the new origin repositories using a three-point rebase. (I'm familiar
        with this process and can post a detailed explanation once this
       becomes relevant.

        If this is okay for the students and the mentors, I'll go ahead and
        create the required repos with the required build system patches."

So let's wait till we hear from Stefan.

Cheers, Ian W.