[Kde-games-devel] Season of KDE

David Yang davidyang6us at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 10:06:41 UTC 2012

Hullo.
My name is David Yang, and I'm a mostly self taught programmer, although
I'm taking computer science at IB level now. I'm still in high school, but
quite am confident in my coding ability. I've never actually contributed
code to an open source project before though, and I figured season of KDE
would be a great way to get my first contribution in..
I'd be glad to work on porting games to KGameRenderer and QGraphicsView,
ktron and kbreakout in particular. I also notice a distinct lack of a chess
game included with kdegames, and I can't help but notice that knights is a
very respectable chess app. I would like to assist in fixing or helping
with whatever may be obstructing it's inclusion in kdegames, If I still
have time after that, I'll probably go down bugzilla and try to pick off
anything relating to ktron or kbreakout.
If those games are already taken by other prospective students, I'm fine
with porting other parts of kdegames. I'm also probably going to need a
mentor, which I trust some kind soul will volunteer to do.

David.