[Kde-games-devel] KDE Games on GSoC

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 03:50:13 UTC 2012

@ Stefan.  Welcome back.  I hope you had a very pleasant vacation
and are feeling refreshed and ready for action … :-)

@ Stefan, please catch up on this thread ASAP.  ATM I am the only KDE
Games GSoC mentor and it has all been happening over Easter.  I have
been busier than a dog full of fleas … :-) and have had a difficult time
holding the fort and evaluating proposals, especially the QML-based
ones.  ATM I do not know anything about QML … :-( …  I posted on
kde-soc-mentor at kde.org and luckily have found a part-time mentor
for QML technicalities.

Our KDE Games GSoC Ideas were largely yours, Stefan, and now is the
opportunity to bring them to fruition.  We badly need your input and help re
the evaluation and there are some matters arising that I need to discuss
with you privately.  The shared spreadsheet on which evaluation is being
done is restricted to mentors, but I need to know what to say there on KDE
Games's behalf.

As I wrote previously, I put KDE Games down for 3-4 slots on the shared
spreadsheet, which Lydia Pintscher is running for KDE proposals.

GSoC have just allocated slots to KDE and it looks like there are enough
to go round all the KDE groups, but that is just my guess.  No doubt Lydia
and KDE GSoC admins will be sub-allocating in the next day or two.

KDE Games must get its mentor list and its short-list of projects finalised
ASAP.  How many slots we can have depends strongly on how many
mentors we have and how their skills and expertise match the proposals.

All of this has to be finalised within a week.  Google's deadline is 7:00 UTC
on 20 April, but we must get KDE Games's act together first and then KDE
has to get its act together before the deadline.  So KDE Games probably
has *less* than 1 week.

Cheers, Ian W.