[Kde-games-devel] new stuff while porting to git

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 19:09:35 UTC 2012

Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 1. April 2012, 14:07:49 schrieb Parker Coates:
>> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 07:18, Christian Krippendorf wrote:
>> > what happens with new stuff, that will be commited with svn
>> > during the actual git migration process? Must the git repo be
>> > stayed actual to the svn part manually, or did this happens
>> > automatically?
>>
>> Nothing will be commited to SVN during the migration. Once the
>> migration rules, scripts, etc. are ready the SVN module will be
>> made read-only, the conversion will be run, the repos uploaded,
>> then the code in SVN "deleted".
>>
>> > I want to port kmahjongg to qgraphics framework now, but maybe i
>> > should wait until the git migration is complete and then use the
>> > git repo for less work?
>>
>> No need. Just keep on working in SVN until we announce that the
>> migration is about to happen.
>
> But do not create new work branches. :D

I see no reason to avoid new work branches, the conversion rules can be
modified easily enough. We already had this before (a game with nearly-done
rules had a work branch created, I added it to the rules and to CIA within
the day).

However, I'd appreciate if any new work branches are announced in the
mailing list, so we don't risk not noticing them at all.

--
Nicolas