[Kde-games-devel] Re: Building and packaging concerns for KDE Games

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Wed May 25 14:07:47 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 4:17 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suggest we might have several groupings in KDE Games: libraries,
> currently maintained games, current games without a maintainer,
> extragear, discontinued and perhaps playground - maybe data too.

I don't know how that relates to that, but projects.kde.org defines a
tree structure of projects (where one repo == one project). The games
could either become grouped in a single "kdegames" repository (like
http://projects.kde.org/projects/kdegames/kgoldrunner), or there could
AFAIK also be additional groups below the kdegames group (like
http://projects.kde.org/projects/kdegames/maintained/kdiamond).

playground and extragear is separate of that already, cf.
http://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/games/knights or
http://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/games/libtagaro which
already exist.

There is also somewhere on projects.kde.org (don't know where exactly)
an XML file containing all defined projects grouped in the same way.
This is to be used by kdesrc-build or similar scripts for the user to
be able to say "build kdegames" to compile all the projects inside it.
One should test this approach with e.g. kdeedu to see how it works;
reviews are highly appreciated.

Greetings
Stefan