[Kde-games-devel] Building and packaging concerns for KDE Games

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:17:16 CEST 2011

Hi Guys,

Re the idea of splitting KDE Games up for the move to Git, see
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2011-May/004804.html
about problems builders and packagers are having with KDE 4.7 Beta.
It gets interesting around the fourth post in the thread.  I see that
KDE Edu release is causing a little head-scratching amongst others.

If/when we split up KDE Games I think we should give some thought
as to how it will be routinely built (by developers and "bleeding edge"
players) and how it will be presented to the release team and
packagers.  Somebody from the release/build area of KDE might
come up with a generic solution for grouping semi-independent apps.

I suggest we might have several groupings in KDE Games: libraries,
currently maintained games, current games without a maintainer,
extragear, discontinued and perhaps playground - maybe data too.

Cheers, Ian W.