[Kde-games-devel] GSoC 2011 proposals: Knights and Shogi

Daniel E. Moctezuma democtezuma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:41:37 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I've already submitted a proposal to Implement an analysis mode into Knights
based on the ideas page of kde community:
http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2011/Ideas#Project:_Saving.2C_loading_and_analyzing_games

As told from the software creator of Knights, the slot and mentor would
depend on the kdegames team, so I'm informing to this list about my proposal
(submitted on melange) for review/feedback.

Also I'm thinking of a project that I entitled as KShogi.
It would be great to have some feedback from the community, and know if
there is someone who would like to mentor the project.

It consists on the following:

Make a Japanese chess game called Shogi for the KDE Desktop. I became very
interested when I saw the videos on this site:
www.youtube.com/user/HIDETCHI where
you can find tutorials, exercises, openings, and tons of useful information.
I would divide the project in 3 sections: GUI, functionality, interaction
with the engine.
The main goal is to make a playable Shogi game Human vs Human, Computer vs
Human.

Thanks in advance.

--
Daniel E. Moctezuma