[Kde-games-devel] Re: GSoC 2011 KHighScore library

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:25:49 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Cheillon Valentin
<cheillonvalentin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a french student interested in the Google summer of code (GSoC)
> program. I was looking for a useful project to work on when I found an
> interesting idea on the GSoC 2010 kde ideas page: the KHighscore2 library. I
> was wondering if the project is still interesting for the KDE community
> because I have not seen it in the GSoC 2011 ideas page. If it is still
> interesting, can it be a valid proposition for the GSoC?

I have written a draft for a KHighscore2 some months ago which is
basically finished. Though work is stalled for organisational reasons,
I doubt there's anything left.

On the library side, the only idea for a GSoC project might be to
finish up networking support in kdegames' libraries. Various pieces
are available, but everything is mostly unfinished. I need Josef
Spillner to comment on this one, though.

Greetings
Stefan