[Kde-games-devel] Re: Tagaro as an application?

Mon Jan 17 20:19:19 CET 2011

Am Montag, 17. Januar 2011, 00:39:28 schrieb Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen:
>   GamingFreedom.org (our distribution site) uses the Open Collaboration
> Services for all contact between the player applications and the server
> (and gluon creator as well)... We will need a few extra things as well, in
> particular you might've seen a random note about a new module for
> achievements. Other than that, of course, high scores, savegames and the
> like will need some storage server side.

Where is this documented? Do you have some wiki page, Etherpad document or
such where I can enter my thoughts on what API will be needed?

Also, do you have any code or concepts for how local storage of all this will
look like? Everything has to work off-line, so the library or the Tagaro
application should store the necessary bits locally.

So, apart from the actual ontology of storable objects, I would like to
specify some default location where stuff is stored on disk, so that non-KDE
and non-Gluon apps can reuse this infrastructure. Imagine the XMoto server
providing an OCS interface, so Tagaro can download updated XMoto levels and
upload highscores in the background if the user wants it to do that.

Greetings
Stefan