[Kde-games-devel] Re: Game Ideas

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:39:02 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Miha Čančula <miha at noughmad.eu> wrote:
> I'd like to hear from Stefan about this, could the Tagaro library use a SoC
> project? Does it still have missing features

Most of it is unfinished sketches in my work branches (TagaroSvg,
TagaroInput, TagaroInterface). This stuff either needs to be finished
in the 4.7 timeframe, or it heavily depends on my personal ideas and
roadmap which is difficult to communicate to any persons != me.

Perhaps Tagaro's GGZ integration could be done via GSoC, but then you
need to ask Josef Spillner about it.

> or should we start converting
> games to it? Both of these would be great as a summer job, I think.

Porting to Tagaro is currently discouraged because we will need to
figure out how to release it after the Git move. If we figure that out
before GSoC, it might be interesting, but it might be difficult for
the student to adapt himself to the moving target that is Tagaro.

Greetings
Stefan