[Kde-games-devel] Re: Game Ideas

Miha Čančula miha at noughmad.eu
Thu Feb 10 18:34:09 CET 2011

2011/2/10 Pranav Ravichandran <prp.1111 at gmail.com>

> Hey people :)
>
> I would like to know how receptive the KDE Games community is, right now,
> to new game-ideas. I have a couple of game ideas that I would like to put
> forth for KDE in GSoC, but I just wanted to know how open the doors to new
> game ideas are. Will it be feasible to take up new game projects for GSoC?
> I'm also looking for a possible mentor for these projects, providing
> gateways are still open to new game-oriented ideas.

The problem of KDE Games is too many unmaintained games, so they were
reluctant to accept new game proposals (also a reason why Knights is in
extragear). I don't know what the situation is this year, perhaps it's
better due to there being a common render library.

I'd like to hear from Stefan about this, could the Tagaro library use a SoC
project? Does it still have missing features, or should we start converting
games to it? Both of these would be great as a summer job, I think.