[Kde-games-devel] Re: Move to git

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 1 21:27:55 CET 2011

On Tuesday, February 1, 2011, Johannes Obermayr wrote:
> I would say a monolithic repository with ~ 500++ MB and full history up to
> 4.6 branching.¹
> Then a second monolitic repository with ~ 60++ MB from 4.6 branching to the
> future.
> Think how you will stress servers with a 500++ MB repository!

kdelibs is only 230MB; i wonder if there isn't something that could be done to
get that down from 500MB to something a bit more manageable. is it due to
binary files in kdegames (sounds, images, etc)?

(btw, the people who worked on kdelibs and kdebase seem to have a nice set of
tools to figure these things out ... really impressive what they were able to
get done)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se