[Kde-games-devel] Developing a game for KDE community

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Aug 26 15:03:32 UTC 2011

Hi Venu,

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 06:05:00 -0700
"venu .T.A" <venuta4u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>             My name is Venu.Me and my two other friends want to develop a
> simple game for KDE community.Since we are new to the open source
> development we are not aware of the steps to be taken to carry out this
> task.
> So please send us any link or info regarding the complete steps that we have
> to follow.
>
> Thank you,

I've explained how to start contributing to open-source here:

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/How_to_start_contributing_to_or_using_Open_Source_Software

You can start from there. A few questions:

1. Do you have any idea which game you'd like to program?

2. Do you want this game to be part of the kdegames package?

3. Maybe you should start by contributing to an existing project, just to get
some experience.

Good luck.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish