[Kde-games-devel] OpenAL and TagaroAudio

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 03:52:55 CEST 2011

Hi guys, especially Stefan,

I would like to try out TagaroAudio and OpenAL, by running Granatier
and then maybe trying it in KGoldrunner.  At first Granatier and
TagaroAudio would not build with OpenAL and reverted to
Phonon, as intended.

Then I went to install OpenAL devel in my distro (OpenSuSE 11.2) and
there was none there, but there *was* a full kit of OpenAL Soft and I
installed that, but had to uninstall OpenAL, because the two OpenAL
packages conflict.

Granatier now builds for me with OpenAL, but when I run it I get stderr:
granatier(4974)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
AL lib: pulseaudio.c:386: Context did not get ready: Connection refused

When I go to install the pulseaudio package, I get a warning from Yast2:
patterns-openSUSE-kde4_pure-11.3-1.1.1.i586 conflicts with pulseaudio

The alternative actions are to deinstall patterns-openSUSE-kde4 or do
NOT install pulseaudio-0.9.21-1.2.1.i586.  The first alternative sounds
like rather strong beer.  So where to now?

All the best, Ian W.