[Kde-games-devel] Re: Move Tagaro code into SVN?

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 21:22:31 CEST 2011

On 18/04/2011, Stefan Majewsky <stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Frederik Schwarzer
> <schwarzerf at gmail.com> wrote:
>> there is a different aspect I want to raise.
>> Is it really a good idea to move something from Git to SVN now that
>> the SVN to Git move is in progress?
>
> I'm not quite getting the feeling that a move is in progress. I am, as
> well as many other people, talking about it since months, but we still
> have not reached any consensus. Conversion rules are useless without a
> consensus.

Well, we were discussing it here and there. There was a consensus once
for split repos. Then the discussion was raised again and again. No
idea what would be the best way to go. But that's up for another
discussion, I guess.

With the new restrictions laid out by the release team, I do not see a
soon move either (these restrictions are totally sane though). It will
probably have to wait for some post-4.7 times.

I do not want to stand in the way of the move of Tagaro to the SVN. I
just wanted to point out the slight irony. :)

So if noone objects, please go on.

Regards