[Kde-games-devel] Re: Active Games?

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:09:51 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> unlike many other desktop apps, however, i think it would be a big improvement
> for most of the games to not rely on menubars :)

There are probably quite some people (including me) who like the
classical menubar/toolbar/statusbar appearance on a desktop
formfactor.

I recently played around a bit with KXMLGUI, and I think it should be
possible to extend the KXMLGUIFactory with some custom components,
i.e. replacements for menubars and toolbars, which can be used on
non-desktop formfactors, or also on the desktop when in fullscreen
mode.