[Kde-games-devel] Move Tagaro code into SVN?

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:36:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

my problem with libtagaro is that I want to use it in kdegames now,
and add more useful components it, but that's not possible because it
would then become a dependency, and very likely a hard one (unless
someone is willing to maintain the non-Tagaro codepaths).

So, without further ado: Would anybody mind if I moved the Tagaro
source tree inside kdegames SVN, in a separate subdirectory? It will
explicitly be described as an experimental and private library, with
headers being installed only when the undocumented option
-DINSTALL_HIGHLY_UNSTABLE_TAGARO_INCLUDES is given to CMake.

If nobody offends until the weekend, I'll do the commit. I will not
commit the whole history, as I see no added value in having it. Only
the then-current master branch from git.kde.org/libtagaro.

I know that this proposed procedure bypasses kdereview effectively,
but big parts of Tagaro are already source-copied into kdegames
somewhere, like TagaroAudio in Granatier and parts of TagaroInterface
in Kolf. Also, KGameRenderer shares much with TagaroGraphics, so there
is not much new code in there. Besides, I will of course issue a
public review via kdereview when the library API is stabilized and
goes public.

Greetings
Stefan