[Kde-games-devel] Re: A Thought About The Version Control System

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:13:55 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Wolfgang Rohdewald
<wolfgang at rohdewald.de> wrote:
> binary files could be put into separate repositories -
> either one per game or one for all. That should be decided
> by the individual game developers. There are already data
> packages like kdegames-mahjongg-data - this could be one
> repository. Kajongg has some audio files but that is
> currently not much data - if and when that gets too much
> we can still start a separate repository kdegames-kajongg-data

I had already proposed about a month ago to split the module into a
code module (kdegames) and a data module (kdegames-data).
kdegames-data would then define a build-time dependency on kdegames.
The code module could still include dummy themes (like e.g. SVG files
with simple rectangles) which are used as a fallback when the data
module is not available.

Good idea? I don't remember any discussion on the proposal when I
first wrote about it a month ago. The only argument against it, IMO,
would be the increased build complexity, but given that neither data
nor theme formats do not change that often, this is not going to be a
problem from my POV.

Greetings
Stefan