[Kde-games-devel] Re: KGameRenderer cache corruption

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Mon Sep 27 17:11:59 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:58, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Yes, that is the crash. It crashes in the timestamp reading because that's the
> first thing which is read from the (corrupted) cache file.

By the way, I talked to Michael about the possibility of adding "never
evicted" values to the cache. He said that it would probably be doable
and that he'd look into it.

Currently we insert the timestamp into the cache like any other piece
of data, but there's no guarantee that it won't get evicted once the
cache gets full. This could lead to us throwing away a perfectly good
cache just because we can't find a valid timestamp. I have the same
issue in KCardDeck.

Parker