[Kde-games-devel] Re: klickety moved to kdereview

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Tue Oct 26 14:43:49 CEST 2010

On 10/26/2010 09:35 AM, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:

> Oh, me too. I thought Extragear apps can be released with the main modules
> by the release team if the author wanted to. If that is the case, these games
> will be released with KDE. But you have a point. They will not be part of
> KDEGames until KDEGames is switched to Git.
>
> I will write an email to the release team asking them about the possibility
> of having part of the KDEGames module in Git while the other part is still
> remaining in SVN.
>
> My intention when telling people to use git.kde.org is not to exclude them
> from the main module in SVN but to drag the main module to Git. :)

I know, my previous email was not directed specifically at you, sorry if
it looked like that :)
Several KDE applications are already in git, right? I am not sure about
the plans for the next release, but it seems in inevitable that it will
have to combine apps living both in SVN and Git. If you can email the
release team to clarify that this will be great.
My main concern is that we make sure we are not preventing people from
contributing and joining the team. Where the application code lives (in
which module, etc) will be increasingly irrelevant as we switch to a
distributed SCM world.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini