[Kde-games-devel] Re: trunk failing to install

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Thu Nov 4 13:29:48 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 06:47, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> On Donnerstag 04 November 2010, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>>> if yes, do you have write permission? Did you execute
>>> the installation with root permission?
>>
>> Of course not - I'm performing a user install using
>> kdesrc-build as per  the api.kde.org docs.
>> Requiring root permissions is a big no no.
>
> I removed installation of bash completion again.

Installing to an absolute path like /etc/bash_completion.d is also a
pretty bad idea. I'm very curious where such a file would go on a
Windows machine. :)

By the way, Wolfgang, would you mind not sending HTML email to this
list? It's generally considered a faux pas, even if you don't do any
crazy formatting.

Parker