[Kde-games-devel] Re: klickety moved to kdereview

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Tue Nov 2 15:02:05 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 09:35, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> [Parker Coates - Dienstag 02 November 2010 14:07:54]
>> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 08:46, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
>> > [Johannes Obermayr - Dienstag 02 November 2010 13:07:57]

>> > If a user klicks on KSame in the menu, find a bug and goes to
>> > bugs.kde.org directly, he cannot find a KSame component then.
>> > I would keep it for some time anyway (since KSame still exists)
>> > and rethink this around 4.7. However, I would reassign those bugs
>> > to Ni's account, if there are no objections, so he can handle them.
>>
>> Would it be possible to rename the "klickety" component to
>> "klickety-ksame" or something similar?
>
> Similar problem. Users who scroll down the list searching for KSame,
> will not find it.
>
> Anyway, we have time to think about this. Before 4.6 is released, we
> should not remove the component of KSame. Or am I missing something?

No, you're right. We can't assume that all users will immediately
"upgrade" from KSame to Klickety and bugs that are valid against the
old KSame may very well be valid against Klickety.

I'd say we leave both products open and assigned to Ni. If he wants to
move all current and future KSame reports to Klickety, that's up to
him. If he'd like to keep them separate, that's fine too.

Parker