[Kde-games-devel] RFC: Rename KBattleShip and KTron

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Tue May 4 16:10:12 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 04 May 2010 15:55:11 Parker Coates wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 08:29, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> > Hi, people. It appears that the consensus is to do the rename,
> > including input from the e.V. list and the lawyers involved in the
> > discussion. So we need to find a nem name for both KBattleship and
> > KTron.
> >
> > Daniel (one of KBattleship authors) proposed Ocean Wars as his
> > preferred name, but apparently there are other games that already use
> > this name.
> >
> > One idea was to simply use the ones Fedora is already using, but
> > Parker objected to it, and I think we should consult the kdegames
> > community to let it decide.
> >
> > How can we handle this? Maybe a one-week poll, or a vote here on the
> > list? I support the names proposed by Eugene, and we can probably
> > choose to go with one with a K on it to make it more difficult to
> > "klash" with other existing names.
> >
> > A "wide" poll is probably not needed, we do not want to drag this for
> > a long time...
> >
> > A proposal: let us take three more days of suggestions for names, and
> > do a quick one week poll on doodle, open to KDE people that are
> > reading this list. Agreed?
>
> So it seems that this initiative died. (I really hope I wasn't the one
> who killed the momentum by saying I didn't like Fedora's names.) I
> don't think this renaming would be considered a feature, so I think
> there's still plenty of time to get this done by the 4.5 string
> freeze.
>
> So, I'd say let's get some more names suggested or some consensus on
> the already given ones.

Proposals:

KSinkShips (Fedora)
Naval Battle (Mauricio)
OceanKlash (Eugene)
BattleSeas (Eugene)
AquaFight (Eugene)
The Rocket Splash (Eugene)
NavalKlash (Parker)
NavalSkirmish (Parker)
SinkSankSunk (Parker, probably not very translatable)
Ocean Clash (leinir, opposed to the K-heavy names)

KSnakeDuel (Fedora)
Super Bikes (Eugene)
Lightning Kross (Eugene)
Snakeroll (Eugene)
BikeTag (Eugene)
Tag-Tag (Eugene)
MazeFight (Parker)
MazeBikes (Parker)
WalledIn (Parker)
Rolling Lightning (leinir)
Walled In (leinir, also opposed to CamelCased program names ;) )

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-