[Kde-games-devel] kdegames' move to Git

Sun Jun 27 00:37:58 CEST 2010

On Sunday 27 June 2010 00:26:58 Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Sunday 27 June 2010 5:50:40 am Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> > First, a Git-related question, which kdegames devs may proabbly skip: The
> > proposed ruleset describes one monolithic kdegames repository. Is this
> > what has been agreed upon?
>
> Personally, I have always hated the monolithic repository structure,
> especially when I had dialup only ... :-(  Is it possible to break it up?

This is exactly my question. The backlog of kde-scm-interest@ seems to
indicate that there are technical reasons (i.e. the inner workings of Git)
speaking against that.

> I always imagined it was for the benefit of distros, but SuSE (at least)
> packages our games separately.

openSUSE actually builds the kdegames source tree once and then divides the
installed file tree into several packages. So for them, splitting the module
would (IMHO) actually make things more complicated because one build process
becomes 40 build processes, each with its own spec file.

Greetings
Stefan