[Kde-games-devel] New keyboard option for KGoldrunner

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 00:38:31 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

About a week ago I committed a new keyboard option for KGoldrunner,
where you hold down a direction key to move and release it to stop
(as opposed to clicking a key to start moving and having to click another
key to stop).

Holding down multiple keys is supported.  If you hold Right and Up, for
example, the hero will move right if he is not on a ladder or up whenever
he comes to a ladder.

Arturo Silva requested this feature in November 2009 and so did Steve Mann,
who has composed several of the newer KGoldrunner levels.

The feature is *not* fully tested yet and I really need some help with that.

It works, but I have not tested it at high speed in difficult levels.  Also,
user-feedback from keyboard players would be welcome.

My keyboard skills are not great (I usually use the mouse) and my fingers
are getting arthritic with age, so I hope one of you can help.  Maybe
Arturo Silva could.  Are you still out there, Arturo?

Cheers, Ian W.