[Kde-games-devel] Pixmap leak?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 02:22:02 CEST 2010

On Sunday 04 July 2010 7:12:13 am Parker Coates wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 16:09, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> >>
> >> Maybe I did not make myself clear.  Every KDE Game I have tried is
> >> getting these errors with trunk code as at 30 June - KBlocks, KBounce,
> >> KGoldrunner, KJumpingCube, KMahjongg, Kolf, KPat, Kubrick and Palapeli.
> >>  Probably the KDE 4.5 release candidate has the same problem.
>
> So, Ian, in answer to your question, the issue is known and it's being
> generated from within kdelibs. Also keep in mind that the "problem"
> isn't a new one, it's just a new warning. So your code is no more or
> less broken now than it was with Qt4.5. ;) If you've gone through your
> own code and are certain that you have no QPixmaps (or objects that
> contain QPixmaps like QCursors or QIcons) outliving the QApplication,
> I would say you can safely ignore them.

Thanks for the reassurance, Parker.  I was not worried about my own code,
which has not changed in months and I gave it a good examination with
valgrind back then ... :-)  However, I was worried about the libraries (they
being now so close to a release) or maybe a build problem on my part.  The
build was very much a two steps forward one step backward process for me.

Thanks again, Ian W