[Kde-games-devel] Moving the KGameRenderer framework to pseudo-kdereview

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Sat Jul 3 23:01:46 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 09:35, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> On Thursday 01 July 2010 20:40:10 Miha Čančula wrote:
>> If I can make a suggestion (I'm late, I know...) I would export all
>> QGraphicsItem's properties, not only "frame". At least "pos" is useful for
>> animation and to avoid repeating code, as I see you had to add the
>> declaration in KDiamond as well.
>
> I did that this morging, but then I replaced the QObject/QGraphicsPixmapItem
> superclasses by QGraphicsObject (with a private QGraphicsPixmapItem child)
> after finally figuring out a way to get the input event routing right.

Does that mean that KGameRenderedItem no longer has a setOffset()
method? I use that in Killbots.

I'm also concerned with the potential runtime cost of doubling the
number of items in the scene. Would you mind elaborating on why you
felt the need to switch to QGraphicsObject? My understanding was that
it was only a convenience class for handling the QObject::parent()
QGraphicsItem::parent() conflict and the Q_INTERFACE.

Basically, I think "KGameRenderedItem is a QGraphicsPixmapItem" seems
a lot more natural than  "KGameRenderedItem has a
QGraphicsPixmapItem".

Parker
(Still out of town and slow to reply.)