[Kde-games-devel] Pixmap leak?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 15:25:06 CEST 2010

On Thursday 01 July 2010 1:58:53 pm Ian Wadham wrote:
> In the process I gave myself a new $KDEHOME area, so every game is starting
> with an empty config file.  When a game finishes, I get 5 or 6 copies of
>  the message shown below, but there are no messages like that after the
>  second and subsequent runs of the game.  It happens with every game I have
>  tried so far.  So I think it must be related to some library.  Any ideas
>  anyone?
>
> ~QX11PixmapData(): QPixmap objects must be destroyed before the
>  QApplication object, otherwise the native pixmap object will be leaked.

Maybe I did not make myself clear.  Every KDE Game I have tried is getting
these errors with trunk code as at 30 June - KBlocks, KBounce, KGoldrunner,
KJumpingCube, KMahjongg, Kolf, KPat, Kubrick and Palapeli.  Probably the
KDE 4.5 release candidate has the same problem.

KMahjongg and KPat, I have found, sometimes get the errors on later runs.

I wonder what is going on.  Cheers, Ian W.