[Kde-games-devel] kblocks new version...

Dapeng Zhang zhangd at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jan 21 10:21:05 CET 2010

Tadeusz Andrzej � wrote:
> Thus wrote Dapeng Zhang:
>
> I don't know... Have a beer?

nice idea.

> software stuff:
>
> - Use QUdpSocket. Portable, easier to use, IPv6 support for free etc.
> - Use kDebug() rather than //printf("[...]");
> - Don't comment out blocks of code. SVN history is the place to store unused
>   old code

Thanks for your feedbacks.
> people stuff
>
> - Avoid huge commits. A series of smaller changes is easier to track for other
>   people. Work in the open.

I thought that people will be fed up by small changes...

> - Invite Zhongjie, the author, to participate in the KDE community. I have an
>   impression that you are some kind of supervisor/middleman. He can (and
>   should) speak for himself.

He hates 10 e-mails everyday. But I will ask again...

My work will be in the AI player in next a few months. This player is
supposed to challenge human even if in Synchronized competitions.

> - At the moment few people care about this project, or understand its goals. In
>   my opinion that's a communication challenge for you.

The "research mode" is working in the following way:
  1. Students in the University can play around with their programming
skill and AI knowledge.
  2. Tetris (AI) competitions can be organized for worldwide researchers.
  3. Tetris is ready for becoming a benchmark in existing AI
competitions (e.g. AI planning).
  4. I'm going to publish a scientific paper...

For these purposes, we will create some documents to explain.

cheers

dapeng